The Greek Golden Visa law
The Greek “Golden Visa” Law “Permanent residency permit for investors”, valid since July 2015, offers permanent residency permit to non-EU citizens and their family members, who buy property in Greece, the value of which exceeds €250,000.
The above described residency permit (Golden visa) can be renewed every five years indefinitely, as long as the real estate property remains entirely at the ownership of the main applicant. Periods of absence from the country do not constitute reason for refusal.
The property owner may be accompanied by the members of his/her family. Family members may be granted a personal residence permit that is renewed and/or expires concurrently with the residence permit of the investor (property owner). Family members are : spouse, children up to 21 years of age, applicant’s parents, spouse’s parents.
After seven years of continuous residency the investors may apply for Greek citizenship.
Years of residence permit
How to issue a Golden Visa
- 3 coloured passport pictures
- Machine – readable Passport
- Travel health insurance
- Proof of professional capacity (e.g. Business license)
- Bank statements of at least 250,000 €
- Income Tax Declaration that has been issued in the last year
- Hotel booking to prove the accommodation of the applicant during the visit to Greece
- Round trip flight booking
- Visa application